Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day Three

Happy New Year! First portrait of 2011! Today's portrait is a quick glimpse of my thought process. I simplified it into three main sections: My outlook on 2011's New Year's Resolutions, loving my “unlovables’’, and asking myself the dreadful question of why I do the things that I do. The New Year's Resolution (the one that says "quit?"), is an example of people giving up on their resolutions. I know that I will be tempted to give up on lots of things this year because, to me, they will seem impossible. My goal is to not do that. Bold statement, I know, but I'm going to give it a shot. I would really like to prove myself and the "status quo" wrong. The second thought bubble...Oh, how I dread doing this sometimes. Love your enemies. There are people that have wronged me in the year 2010 (and even before that) that I need to love on regardless of how they hurt me. It's what we're called to do as Christians. Another resolution of mine is to do the best that I can to live out God's purpose for my life. After all, that's the ONLY reason I'm here on this planet. It's the least I could do. The third bubble is me asking myself why I do the things that I do, why I'm so immature, and why I give up on everything that I do. I'm trying desperately to not give up on things because I fail once or twice. I need to learn determination. So, every time I want to give up, I'm going to make a point of asking myself, “Michaela, why on earth are you wanting to give up this time??". Okay, the portrait interpretation is over now. :)

IQ: Someone sent this to me and I rather enjoyed it, so I'm going to share it with you.

Mend a quarrel,
Seek out a forgotten friend,
Write a love letter,
Share some treasure,
Encourage youth,
Keep a promise,
Find the time,
Forgive an enemy,
Stop and just listen,
Apologize if you were wrong,
Think first of someone else,
Be kind and gentle,
Laugh a little,
Laugh a little more,
Express your gratitude,
Gladden the heart of a child,
Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth,
Speak your love,
Speak it again,
and speak it still once again.

-anonymous-


THIS NEW YEAR

No comments:

Post a Comment