Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Four


"To dance is to give oneself up to the rhythms of all life" -Dr. Maya Patel

Today's portrait isn't really all that special to most people, but it is to me. Tap dancing is one of the few ways that I can release any bottled up anger, stress, or sadness without risking other people's feelings. We all know that when you experience intense emotions, you sometimes find yourself being angry at those around you for no reason. Also, I'm a very rhythmic person. You will often find me making my own rhythms with my hands and feet when I'm waiting in line for something or just sitting still. Tap is by far my favorite form of dance, and personally, I think I'm best at it. I LOVE IT! :) 

TOTALLY different subject. Church today was pretty awesome! Towards the end of the sermon, our pastor (Todd Brady) gave us an awesome verse to memorize and encouraged us to make scripture memorization one of our New Year's resolutions. I think I'm going to use it for my IQ today. (I encourage you to look it up and study it in your own Bible, but I'm going to put it on here in case you can't).

"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”          -John 14:21-

No comments:

Post a Comment