Friday, January 7, 2011

Day Eight

TOMS shoes ROCK!! (So do Converse, sorry mom). TOMS are cool because every pair of shoes that they sell, they give a pair to a child in need. I think that's incredible. Check it out at www.toms.com They're OOBER comfy, too. :)

Yes, I used a photo editor on today's portrait...but before you get your panties in a wad and start wagging your finger, hear me out. All I did was merge two photos together, convert to black and white, and color splash the TOMS logo. None of that is against my rules :). Anyways, TOMS was my inspiration for today's portrait.

What are you doing on April 5 this year? Better question...do you know what type of shoes you will most likely be wearing? I do. I am going to join over 250,000 people across the world and go without shoes for the day. Sounds crazy, huh? The reason that people are going for a day without shoes is to raise awareness of the impact a pair of shoes can have on a child’s life. It really makes you think twice about buying a new pair of kicks and freaking out because you "don't" have any shoes to wear. There are children out there walking around on DIRT, ROCKS, and FILTH with no shoes to wear. I hope you participate in One Day Without Shoes.  For more information about One Day Without Shoes, visit http://www.onedaywithoutshoes.com/splash.php .

No comments:

Post a Comment